It has been a month or so since I last posted. Nothing new has happened. Still waiting for appt. with breast surgeon in Boston on Monday the 30th. I know that I will make the decision on Monday as I am meeting with the breast surgeon. She has requested all of my information/tissue samples ahead of time and will have a very good handle on all of my risk factors. I am feeling a bit scared, but at the same time I am just so ready to have this all behind me.
In the last week I have been studying my 2010 calendar very closely trying to target the 'right' time for surgery and recovery. THERE IS NO GOOD TIME! If I pick a winter date will I run into a higher risk of catching something like the flu while in the hospital and will we have to deal with icy roads (we live 4+ hours from Boston)? If I pick a later date will it run into summer, the season we live for all year long?
I just posted on breastcancer.org, so am hoping for some words of wisdom from my online friends.