So, a couple of weeks before my surgery, we hosted a FEED THE FLAP potluck party. Aside for terrific company and delicious food, we also had lots of foods to 'seal and save' for when we returned from Boston and didn't feel like cooking.
I plan to put the recipes online so that I can always find them when life gets chaotic and I want comfort food and can't find them. I don't have any recipes right now, but will post them as they come in. Hopefully as time goes on and I make these again, I will take photos to post.
CHICKEN & BROCCOLI CASSEROLE (Brenda)
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2-3 cups shredded chicken (cooked)
- 2 cups cooked chopped broccoli
Mix above ingredients together. Place in non-greased 13x9 casserole dish. Top with moisten, but uncooked stovetop stuffing (chicken flavor). Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.__________________________________________________________
CHERRY PINEAPPLE COCONUT DUMP CAKE (Brenda)
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- 1 regular can of crushed pineapple (well-drained)
- 1 french vanilla (or flavor of your choice) cake mix
- 1/2 - 3/4 cups coconut (topping)
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1/2 - 1 cup water
- pecans (topping)
In an ungreased 9x13 pan make layer of cherry pie filling, next layer is well-drained layer of pineapple; next layer is the cake mix dry - sprinkle on top of pineapple layer. Melt butter, remove from stove. Add water to the butter, then drizzle that on top of dry cake mix. Sprinkle on coconut and pecans and bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees or until golden brown.
BLUEBERRY PIE (Brenda)
- Two Pillsbury, unbaked (rolled) pie crusts
- 3 cups of frozen MAINE blueberries
- 1/2 - 3/4 cups of sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup flour
Place blueberries in uncooked pie shell then sprinkle remaining ingredients on top and cover with remaining pie shell. Cover with aluminum foil. Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes (or until golden brown and bubbly).
HERBED ROLLS (Brenda)
- Frozen Hannaford Unrisen Yeast Rolls (12 to a package)
- 3 tbsp butter (melted)
- Herbs - Italian herb seasoning
Allow rolls to thaw just enough so that you can cut each roll in half. Mix seasoning in melted butter. Dip the rolls into the butter/herb mixture, coating well. Place in a ungreased 9x9 pan. Cover with saranwrap. Let rise until doubled. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
TACO SOUP (Rita)
- 1 lb. ground beef, browned and drained
- 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 15 1/4 oz can corn, undrained
- 15 oz can black beans, undrained
- 15 1/2 oz can red kidney beans, undrained
- 1 envelope dry Hidden Valley Ranch dressing
- 1 envelope dry taco seasoning
- 1 small onion, chopped
- tortilla chips
- shredded cheese
Cover. Cook on low for 4-6 hours.
Garnish individual servings with chips and cheese.
BLUEBERRY BUCKLE (Marcy via Kristine)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups flour
- 2 1/2 cups blueberries
- In large bowl cream butter and sugar, add egg, milk and baking powder. Mix well. Stir in flour, 1 cup at a time, fold in blueberries, pour into greased 13x9 pan.
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl, mix with pastry cutter until crumbly, sprinkle evenly on top of the cake batter.